Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

On Friday, Elizabeth and I were headed into town to go grocery shopping. We passed the local Catholic church, where out in front of it they were re-creating the Passion. Elizabeth asked, "What the hell are they doing?" (Well, ok, not really, but that was totally the tone of voice she had...) so I explained it to her. At first, she was all horrified thinking that they were actually going to crucify someone (she was reassured that it was, in fact, just a re-enactment. I hope...) then she got to thinking about the whole Resurrection thing. She said, "Jesus died on Friday and rose three days later, right?"

"Yeppers. Why?"

"Well, I was just thinking...if one of my friend's did that, I don't know if I would want to be their friend again...that is kinda weird."

"Oh, Jesus. Don't say that to your Grandma..."

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment