Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shattered

It is funny how quickly things can change.

My last post reads so smug, so sure.  I should know better.  Nothing is ever sure.  Nothing is ever static.  Things ALWAYS change; not always for the better.

I will be all right though.  Maybe because of some of those very things I wrote about; maybe because I have no choice because I have children; maybe because it is really not as bad as I originally thought.  But I will grow and learn and be better. 

Perhaps we have to shatter so the pieces can be put back together in a new and more functional way.  I am reminded of the Tinkerbell movie (I  have girls, OF COURSE I have seen it 8, 987, 634 times).  She breaks the crystal, and in doing so finds a way to make it even better.

There is a lesson to be learned from that movie.  Going through it sucks, but a lesson nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment