Monday, October 29, 2018

Asher

We have acquired a chinchilla.

Seriously.  His name is Asher, and he's pretty fucking cute.  We acquired him because my fourth daughter, Jewel, is currently pregnant with my first grandchild and they did not want the chinchilla with the baby.  I'm not 100% sure why (maybe not having the time for him?  Are they bad around babies?  Do they develop jealousy issues?  IDK...) but we ended up with him at our house.  Apparently I take in strays.  Charlie tried to tell me that since the goldfish and sucker fish died, it evened out, but I didn't buy it.  But again, I am pretty much a sucker for whatever my children want, and Jewel and that grandbaby are included, so we got him.

Side note, I keep joking that the baby, Delilah, can call me GmaL and pronounce it Jamal, but I am worried that the kid won't be able to pronounce that because it seems difficult.  Grammy kinda seems to be growing on me, but Gigi or Mimi are also appealing as well.  There's Lala, too, but I'm pretty lukewarm about it.  Honestly, that baby could call me whatever the hell she wants because if I am a sucker enough to take on an entire chinchilla and all that is involved for her mother, she's likely going to get whatever the fuck she wants, including what she calls me.

So, back to all things chinchilla.  Apparently they are pretty high maintenance.  Like they can't get wet or they will mildew.  We now own a pet with mildew potential.  Pack that away in the category of "concerns I never thought I would have about our pets."  They also get dust baths, and are restricted to a maximum of one raisin a day because anything more will fuck their bellies up.  The little guy also likes to snuggle, but at the same time wants to run and hide under the bed.

I have never related to an animal more in my life.

Well, not dust baths or mildew concerns or limits on raisin consumption.  Plus he's a whole hell of a lot cuter than I am.  If I were to pick up a raisin between my little hands (another similarity we have, for the record...) and to nibble on it all dainty-like, people would probably think I am crazier than they already do vs being absolutely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment