Saturday, September 22, 2012

Shocked

Late last night, I found out that my brother-in-law's brother died in a horrific car accident.

I cannot even begin to fathom the pain there. Wife, daughter, mother, brother, sister.   My heart goes out to them all.  I am still a little shocked myself.

My training professionally has equipped me to deal with this. My personal experiences also help.  But...

It hits close to home.  A young couple.  Sudden death.  But for the grace of God, it could have been me mourning right now.  Today is Alexis's birthday.  We get to celebrate life while someone mourns a life cut short.

Life is precious.  We need to remember this. Go hug your loved ones for me today.  Spend a little extra time to let someone know you care.  It can be taken from you all too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment